Northwest Florida Preliminary Pageants
(Only applicable to NWFL Prelims)
The information provided below is for those that advance to the Miss Northwest Florida Regional pageant that is held each year in January.
As a reigning Miss Northwest Florida Pageant System Queen, you will be expected to follow certain guidelines and rules throughout the year. Please read the following contract carefully and sign at the end.
- Reigning Little Miss, Junior Miss, Teen Miss, and Miss Queens are required to advance to the Miss Northwest Florida Pageant held in the fall of 2017. (Certain circumstances will be excused)
- Reigning queens must dress appropriately at all appearances. All skirts and dresses must be an appropriate length. No halter tops, cut off-shirts, or strapless shirts allowed. No shorts or jeans of any type should be worn unless previously approved by the director. Failure to comply will result in a verbal warning from the director.
- Reigning queens must behave appropriately at ALL times. This includes times when not at a public event or function (This includes on-line as well). It is expected that not only the reigning queen behave appropriately, but the parents/guardians as well. Remember parents, you are your child’s first role model and YOU can lose your child’s title as well.
- Queens must use the same code of conduct online and on social media as if she is in public representing her crown. ANY form of bullying, including cyber, WILL NOT be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, My Space, Snapchat, Vine, etc. The first offense will result in immediate disciplinary action which will result in loss of the Titleholder’s crown.
- A queen will not show any form of PDA, of any type, while representing her title.
- Drama in any form, either during or after the pageant, in the form of verbal, cyber, media, etc. will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to verbal abuse or physical abuse against another contestant, parent, director or pageant.
- A queen is not allowed to be pregnant, have given birth, or have been married before or during her reign.
- ***Any of the above infractions can result in loss of title and crown. *The following are grounds for relinquishing a title: Inappropriate behavior while at a function, underage drinking and/or smoking, swearing in public, arrest, suspension from school or bus, expulsion from school, not complying with mandatory functions, bad attitude about anything or anyone related or associated with the Miss Northwest Florida Pageant System, any form of bullying.
- If you fail to complete your reign and/or fail to advance to the Miss Northwest Florida Pageant in the fall of 2017 you will no longer be eligible to compete for another Northwest Florida Preliminary Pageant and/or Miss Northwest Florida without written approval from the Miss Northwest Florida Pageant Board.
- Although judge’s decisions are final, a title may not be awarded or can be revoked at any time if there is evidence or the appearance of impropriety.